Today’s Objectives

Once again, I have been given a lot of work from my teachers; Spanish homework, dissertations (both fine art and textiles) and of course ploughing away with the exam unit (both practical and in sketcbook/flipfile).

Today, however, I have decided to do the following:

  1. Finish going through my teacher’s annotations of my Textiles dissertation, amend where appropriate and FINISH completely (inc. conclusion and bibliography).
  2. Amend all annotations from Artist 3, Intentions for Final Piece and Artist 4 – for Textiles and print all.
  3. Do as much as possible on my second large outcome – for Textiles.

The list is a bit of a long shot, but everything needs to be done so then I can cross it off my large list on my sketchbook.

My dissertation has now gone from 15 pages to 20, and I’m not even done with it yet!

Things are looking good. REALLY good.

Finally, I’m getting somewhere …

Today, I have managed to finish my Fine Art Dissertation for the Unit 03 coursework project this year (title: “Microscopic Worlds”).

So now, I move back in time to finish my coursework sketchbooks so I can finish those and focus on the exam project more thoroughly. Once these are finished, I know that I will have some more time to blog about the work which I have already produced for the Exam project “Combinations and Alliances” – for both subjects.

So the sooner this all gets finished, the sooner I will be back blogging every day!! … *touch wood* …

My Textiles Dissertation …

This week, I seem to have a lot more free time that I thought I would (not a lot of homework/work done in free lessons). Therefore, I have taken this time as an opportunity to start finalising my Textiles dissertation from the coursework project. (The dissertation is an “essay” of artist evaluations which link together to answer a particular question in which you intend to research and answer using the evaluations as help).

The question I have asked is: How have artists used distortion to alter our perception of the world around us?

In this, I have a number of artist evaluations lined up. Ptolemy Mann, Matthew Harris, Bjorn Dahlem and Eva Hesse – all of which are very fascinating and have a key role in making my project a success.

So far, I have written over 3,000 words for this (which is the equivalent to 12 pages – with images). This does also include all of the information I have gathered together from the internet – which will all be referenced at the end of the essay.

Ideally, I would like to finish this dissertation this week, but I think that will be unlikely to happen as I have a lot of other things I need to do which need to come first. The whole thing doesn’t need to be handed in properly until late May, but I think it would be a good idea to get the majority of it done now.

Also, I still have my Fine Art dissertation to put together too which I think will take slightly longer than my Textiles as all of my artists haven’t been properly evaluated yet.

The pressure’s on!