With my second set of photographs, I have also started to work towards some significant pieces. To start with, I have produced some quick responses through paper (nothing big just emphasising the lines etc).
I have three large pieces planned and to be able to do them, I have experimented with printing (using lino and cutting into that).
Here is my set up:
As you can see, I have my lino print, a perspex board for the paint to be rolled on, and another roller (which is clean) to roll the back of the lino onto the cloth.
Here is my prints after the first colour – light yellow (orange fabric) and coral (black fabric) :
After this first print, I have then cut into the lino again (these new cut outs will show yellow or coral in the second print). You should notice a difference in my set up:
Here, you can see my lino print more clearly – you should be able to see more of a change from the last prints I made.
And now here are the finished prints!!!
Stick around for updates on my significant pieces from these prints…